Basic animation is standard quality animation, without author styles, but with acceptable quality for the viewer. In this type of animation, a minimalist style of movement of objects and characters is usually used, there is no simulation of realistic plasticity of objects and “people”. The characters and objects themselves are simple and understandable illustrations, without pretentiousness.
A basic animation can have a small range of different options. For example, a video can be filled with many characters and each will have its own movement. Or vice versa, in the video there will be only one character who will have a very small set of movements – blinking and opening his mouth. All of the above affects the time of creating a video and its cost.
Other Basic Animation Features
Usually, when creating such an animation, the customer needs to consider the following aspects:
- At the beginning, it is best to discuss the style of the video with the performer using specific examples.
- Discuss a future scenario, even if it doesn’t exist yet, roughly how you envision it.
- Solve the concept as a whole: a serious business video, a funny video, a corporate one, and so on.
- Tell everything you want to say about this future video, because the performer does not read minds. If something is missed by the customer, then the performer will do it to his taste – he may like it, or maybe not. These can be wishes for rhythm, for sound, for the characteristics of the characters, for the style of the video.
Sound in base animation
Of the sound in such videos, there is usually everything you need: an announcer, music (paid stock), sound design – at will. Actually, this is a plus or minus a standard sound set. It can be found both in simple commercials and in very expensive ones.
The sequence of creating a basic 2D video
- Terms of reference from the customer + examples of animation.
- Script writing.
- Creation of layouts.
- Creation of animation + sound.
Edits are free and paid
The creation of an animated video in edpit agency is planned in such a way that each stage serves as the starting point for the next. Thus we get the structure (plan). If you follow the plan, then the client will not go beyond free edits and he will not have to pay extra.
Free edits for basic animation
An important aspect – this applies to any part of the creation of the video, errors due to the fault or inattention of the performer – are not considered and are not counted as edits.
- Creating a script – 3 stages of editing. If the TOR is formulated clearly, then usually the 1st edit in the script is enough and we move on to the layouts.
- Creating layouts – 2 stages of editing. The client sees future frames according to the approved scenario, so there should definitely not be any surprises here. Here, the 1st stage is also enough, for example, the client wants to change the character’s face, color, background, and so on. If after the first time the client carefully indicated the wishes, and the artist did everything according to the comments, then the 2nd stage simply will not happen.
- Creation of animation – 1 stage. On the good side, the client receives the video according to the parameters approved above. But it happens that some details do not suit, then changes are made according to the client’s list.
Paid edits for basic animation
- Any stage of the above, but more than the number of free, then the edits are made at the expense of the customer and are discussed separately. From practice, we can say that such edits happen if the customer did not carefully approve the material, and then it became clear that the task was not suitable.
- If we are at the stage of creating layouts and animations, we have already started work, and the client proposes to change the approved script. If at this moment we have created material according to the approved scenario, then the alteration of new scenes is at the expense of the customer.
- If the announcer recorded according to the text approved by the customer, and the client wants to rewrite part of the text (phrase).
- If an approved musical composition was purchased for the video (or written to order), but the customer wanted to change his mind.
Basic animation based on product images only:
Basic animation in the context of a video clip:
Basic animation is suitable for many tasks. As practice shows, this is the best type of animation in terms of price and quality. From experience it can be seen that if the customer carefully claims what the contractor provides him, then in 98% of the cases no additional payments are required. Moreover, we warn in advance what actions may entail consequences.