Behind any script of the commercial is always a strategy and an idea. The better the analysis was, the more accurate it would be to get into the viewer. The fascinating scenario allows the viewer to be drawn into the narrative and to see through. A new experience allows the public to enjoy your work. It so happened that people like interesting stories. This love originated in man even in those times when the tribes gathered at night by the fire and listened to the stories of their brethren. In this regard, and not only graphics and special effects will not give strong impressions, without a strong script.
Where to begin?
If you are writing a script for the first time, do not expect that you will immediately get a hit. Read the literature on the topic and constantly try to write. The main thing in writing scripts is the frequency, at the first stage, just write to the table. Over time, you will get better and better.
Exercise: what if …?
To train your brain, you can use the “what if”
- What if all the dogs on the ground start talking?
- What if the Internet disappears on planet Earth?
- What if the number of likes in Facebook will depend on people’s income?
It’s these kinds of questions that excite your imagination very well, it helps your brain to make the most of it. Such questions can be discussed with friends and acquaintances in a game form, all this will develop your creative potential.
No problem – the script is not a script
In order for the script to become interesting, you need to add a problem, so we continue the formulation “what if”, but with the addition.
- What if all the dogs on the planet started talking and came to the conclusion that you need to enslave humanity?
- What if the Internet has disappeared on the planet and if it has not been restored in 3 days, will the large-scale problems begin?
- What if the bank account depends on the number of likes, and people start to get poor?
The more unreal and difficult the task, the more interesting the viewer will find out what will happen next? You can use this technique both in training and in creating your future scenarios.
How is the script made?
- We lay the foundation of the future plot. In the cinema, this is called loglan. In a short form, what is your story about, what are all the actions going on around? These actions will help during the writing of the script to always remember the main essence and not be distracted. Example: “She is an ideal woman – until she takes a sip of alcohol.”
- Plan for the scenario. Making a plan in the beginning, you can evaluate the whole picture. This approach will help you avoid an open final, and you will clearly understand how you need to develop a story in order to come to the right end.
- Details of your history. Thanks to the details, you can create a deeper meaning of the script. Every little thing can be useful in revealing the characters. Particularly important are the details in short genres (advertising, clips, short films), because there is not much time to show the essence of the characters. How to show that a brutal man in the frame is a positive character in a very short time? You can transport an old woman at a traffic light, take off a kitten from a branch and so on.
- Cut it all! After the script is written – re-read it and cut it. Remove the long descriptions in the style of “the sunset was getting softer”. Remove unnecessary details that do not affect the story in any way. Get rid of logical inconsistencies.
How to improve your script?
In order to improve your script, let’s look at a number of techniques that all writers use in one form or another.
- Study similar scenarios or plays that are written before you, perhaps you will find something new and interesting.
- Watch movies on your topic, it will help to see some problems in a different way.
- Tell your friends and friends a story, as if it’s a story from life. If the story does not carry them, then it’s better to work on the script.
- Try to simplify the style of the script. This will help to better penetrate those who read it.
- Check if the audience’s attention is maintained throughout the story. Some writers call this the “sinusoid of attention”. If there are failures, then work them out so that the viewer does not fall asleep.